· 17oz Peas
· 2oz Mint Leaves
· 3 Limes (Juice and Zest)
· 25oz Water
· 10oz Stock syrup (Equal Parts sugar and water)
· 180g Plain Flour
· 55g Caster sugar
· 125g Butter
· 150g Peas
1. Blanch the peas in the water, puree and place in the freezer to cool quickly to retain the colour.
2. To make the syrup, place the sugar and water in a pan and bring to the boil, leave to simmer to allow the sugar to dissolve but do not allow to change colour or go to thick, add the mint and lime then leave to cool.
3. Stir the pea puree in to the syrup and mix evenly.
4. Place in an ice cream machine and churn until the mixture becomes thicker and has small grains of ice in it. Place in the freezer to cool.
5. Begin the shortbread by creaming together the butter and sugar until light in colour, add the flour, followed by the peas until a light dough is formed.
6. Roll out quickly and leave to cool in the fridge.
7. Remove biscuit dough once cooled and cut out desired shapes.
8. Place on a paper lined tray and bake in the oven for 12 minutes at 170c until the edges of the biscuits turn light brown.
9. After about 4-6 hours your sorbet should now be frozen to the right consistency, take out of the freezer and scoop into a bowl or cone, garnish with some lime zest or lime curd and a couple if the pea shortbreads.
Give customers a reason to do business with you.