For the base:
· 200g oat cakes
· 100g unsalted butter
For the puree:
· 300g peas
· 2 garlic cloves crushed
· 100g butter
For the filling:
· 100g peas
· 360g Philadelphia cream cheese
· 4 eggs
· 120ml double cream
· 1 lemon, zest
· Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Put the oatcakes in a bag and bang with a rolling pin until they look like crumbs.
2. Melt the butter.
3. In a bowl add the oatcake crumbs and melted butter and mix until coated.
4. Pour the mixture into a spring-form cake tin (9 inches diameter) and press down to make an even base.
5. Put in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes.
6. To make the pea puree melt the butter in a frying pan.
7. Add the crushed garlic.
8. Put the peas into a blender and pour over the garlic butter.
9. Blend the mixture until a rough puree.
10. To make the filling put the Philadelphia cream cheese, double cream, lemon zest and eggs in a bowl.
11. Add the pea puree.
12. Season with salt and pepper.
13. Whisk until everything is combined.
14. Stir in the whole peas.
15. Pour filling over the base.
16. Put in the oven for 40 minutes.
17. The cheesecake should not wobble and the top should be slightly browned.