· 1 ½ cups frozen peas (petit pois)
· ¼ cup white caster sugar
· 4 oz white cooking chocolate, broken into small pieces
· 2 large eggs
· ¼ cup sunflower oil
· 1 ¼ cups plain flour
· 1 tsp baking powder
· 1 tsp peppermint extract
· 3 oz white cooking chocolate
· A few drops of peppermint extract
1. Preheat the oven to 190˚C.
2. Butter a square baking tin.
3. Bring water to a boil in a saucepan.
4. Add frozen peas and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Drain and run under cold water.
6. Drain again, lining the sieve with kitchen paper to soak up the excess moisture.
7. Process in a blender until pureed.
8. Push the pureed peas through a nylon sieve until the skins are left behind.
9. Place the 4oz of white chocolate pieces with the sugar in a microwavable bowl. Microwave on full power at 10 second intervals for up to one minute, watching carefully until all the chocolate is just melted.
10. Then, add the pea puree and still until smooth.
11. Beat the eggs with the oil in a bowl, then add to the puree mix and stir well.
12. In a large bowl, sift the plain flour and baking powder.
13. Slowly pour in the puree mix and fold until thoroughly combined (during this stage add the peppermint extract).
14. Pour the mixture into the baking dish and bake in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes.
15. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
16. When cool, melt the remaining 3oz of white chocolate in the microwave as before until just melted. Remove and stir, adding a few drops of peppermint extract.
17. Pour over the traybake and spread evenly.
18. Leave to set, then cut into squares