· 100g frozen peas
· 75g crumbled Lancashire cheese
· 1 tsp. fresh mint
· Flour to coat
· 1 egg
· Breadcrumbs to coat
· 200g mayo
· 30g capers, finely chopped
· Juice half lemon
· 25g English mustard
1. Melt the butter, add both flours, and cook 3 minutes.
2. Gradually add the milk to form a thick sauce. Add 20g frozen peas and cook for a further minute.
3. Spread on a lined tray to cool completely.
4. Cook the remaining peas. Drain and squash with a masher.
5. Put the cooled sauce into a bowl and add the peas and cheese and mint.
6. Roll into 30-40mm balls. Then dip in flour, egg and the breadcrumbs.
7. Deep fry for 6 minutes.
8. For the dip, mix everything together. Serve hot and dip in.