· 25g butter
· 1 leek (finely sliced)
· 1 small bunch of tarragon (finely sliced)
· 1 small bunch of mint (finely sliced)
· 100ml vegetable stock
· 50ml cream
· 200g frozen peas
· 500g mussels
· A pinch of salt and pepper
1. Melt the butter into a pan and mix in the tarragon and leeks.
2. Cook for about 4 minutes.
3. Whilst that is softening, take the beards off the mussels and then let them soak in cold water for 2 minutes.
4. Add the stock and cream to the saucepan, and bring the pan to a simmer.
5. Next put the mussels and peas into the pan, then with the lid on shake the mussels to cover them in the sauce and leave them steam for around 5 minutes until all mussels have opened.
6. Lastly, serve up your mussels into a dish and sprinkle the mint along with the salt and pepper. They are then ready to serve.